Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Somewhat Technical Hindrances

Two days late is better than never, right?

So, this week I . . . well, I broke the game.  :)

Not really, but it doesn't play right now.  You see, I'm in kind of the middle of the game's metamorphosis - you know, that point in your first game where, at first the game worked as planned, but since you had no idea what you were doing, everything was wrong, and it only was being kept from falling apart by a single thread, but now that you're adding more complex systems to it, all of the poorly made duct-tape-and-spit stuff bursts apart into a kablooey of gooey ewey.

So, that's where I'm at right now - wallowing waist-deep in a pool of swirling gooey ewey.  Don't worry, nothing's permanently broken - just temporarily out of service.  When the game comes out of its metamorphosis, it should be a nice solid platform that I can continuously build upon for all time!

Not only that, but I'm (finally) upgrading to Unity 3.5.4, after weeks of ignoring the popup.  It has some new features, I guess, and is generally shiny.

So that's what's up with me.  On my plate I have:

  • Finishing the lives system (GUI and all)
  • Working out the creases so the thing works as an EXE
  • Making a start menu and an in-game menu with fully functional properties
  • Making about twenty levels
  • Moar stuff
  • Putting it on the internet
More or less in that order is what I'll be working on.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment