Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mini Update 1.3

Just thought I'd pop in and say this:

FREAKING-YES-I-FINALLY-GOT-THE-LIVES-SYSTEM-TO-WORK-OH-MY-GOODNESS-I'M-SO-RELIEVED-THAT-THING-WAS-TAKING-ALL-OF-MY-TIME-AND-I-COULDN'T-FOCUS-ON-ANYTHING-ELSE-BECAUSE-IT-WAS-SO-ANNOYING-BUT-FINALLY-DEAR-GOD-YES-IT'S-DONE!

Ahem.

So, yes, I have completed the lives system. No GIF or anything, but I'll be able to post something this weekend, I'll betcha.

Right now, there's one problem that's bringing development to a screeching halt: The collisions are all messed up with the player object. He either just completely slides through the wall objects, or they resist him a little bit, but it's completely hit or miss. Random. I don't get why . . . I'm using Unity's FixedUpdate function, which is specifically for physics . . . I feel like the solution to this problem will be a long and difficult one.


So, yeah. See you this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have these problems fixed and maybe some new things to show you! Like a main menu . . . hint hint . . .

Also, next week I am going to running camp (What a nerd), so absolutely nothing will get done. And I'm going to love it.

Oh, and, one last thing: I tried the game as an EXE – after smoothing things out a bit, you see – and by golly, everything that works in Unity works as an EXE! So expect, like, I dunno . . . a pathetic version of a Beta or something like that, within the next few weeks. With maybe five-ten levels.

Video proof of my problem:
(My free trial ran out of my usual screen-capture program, so falling back on a crappier one)

No comments:

Post a Comment