Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Points!



Ta-daa! A scoring system!

Right now, it's ten points per ball enemy, fifteen per regular sentry, and twenty per super sentry (A sentry that either shoots in 3-4 directions at once, or shoots every .75 seconds instead of every 1).

Oh, and I added life boxes. Red rotating things. Pick 'em up, and you get an extra life. However, the cap is five lives, and you only get points (Five of them) if you are able to pick the thing up; i.e. if you have five lives and you try and pick up a life, the box will go bye-bye but you won't get a life or points.

And the only way to get a perfect score is to get all the points.



Why did I mention a perfect score? Well, because when I release the game and its free twenty or so levels, anyone who can give me a screenshot displaying said perfect score (You'll get a notification if you do, plus I might help a little) will trigger the release - for EVERYbody - of a version of the game that includes a super-level of craziness that should prove quite difficult to beat.

So do the community a service when you download the game and try and get that perfect score. :)

Some may be wondering when I will be done with the game. I would be tremendously surprised if this is the case. But I would reply maybe three weeks, a month? Notice the question mark. Nothing's definite. School starts up again in a little over a week. Cross-country starts today (Yeah, I'm a runner, if you couldn't tell by the fact that I went to running camp). Needless to say, I'll be pretty booked. I still plan to at least attempt to squeeze in as close to an hour as possible of good solid development time a day, but, then again, I might be unable to. Doubt it, but it's a possibility.

Oh, one last thing: I realize that nobody cares about this project, and that it's barely even a game, and that why the heck am I writing so much about it etc. etc. blah blah blah. I know this. I'm only writing this because . . . I feel like it.

But rest assured that once this project is good and over with, I have plans for a real game that should be worthy of this blog.  I'm pretty excited about the idea of it, and I can't wait to start the research that'll allow me to make the game!

Just about all I have left to do with this game is add all the levels, and add a start menu and a pause menu.  Then I'm done, and you get to play it!


No comments:

Post a Comment