Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Welcome to the Blog!

Hello, all, and welcome to renaxs-dot-blogspot-dot-com!  You may be wondering what this is.  To be honest, I am too!  I'm just setting up the foundations right now, and hopefully by the time that's done, I'll know what's going on.

So.  To business.  I plan on this game being an aesthetically simple cubes-and-spheres game, but I want it to have some depth to it as well.  We'll see what happens, though.

Right now, I have a two-hand-on-the-keyboard setup with a top-down view of the place.  Let's be honest, I just started on this this morning, so don't expect anything special.  I don't even have any AI or anything kill-able yet.  In case you couldn't tell, though, the blue sphere will eventually be the first enemy.








Not everything's all well-and-dandy, though.  I've already run into an issue.  I know there's a simple fix, and it's what I'll be focusing on until it's done.


In short, every time you hit something, you gain permanent, unreducable, uncontrollable momentum in the opposite direction from which you hit.  I know why this is (rigidbodies are terribly unpredictable), but I don't know how to fix it, so I'm looking into it as I type.

So, in short, welcome to the blog, here's a look at what the game will sort of look like, and what I plan on doing this week is fixing the issue, making the bad guys move and die, and getting some nice textures going on.  Check in next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment