Monday, December 17, 2012

My next project!

Hello, all!  My next project will not be, as previously stated, some kind of Minecraft thing (though I think that will be my third project), but instead something different.  I will try to also incorporate some form of storyline as well.  This project is to help me learn more visual and superfluous aspects of game creation - you know, models, animation, and UV mapping.

The basic idea is . . . get this . . . an island of minigames.  Yep.  An island.  With minigames.  Some will take you to other separate things, some will be part of the island itself.  Etc.  Mazes and stuff.  You know.  I just want to learn to make visual stuff, so I'll try to have fun with it.


Ahhhhh . . . just like old times, eh, blog?  A single image of something not even remotely playable yet.  Beautiful.

Just so you guys know, I plan to finish this project, do that last Minecraft-y one, and then move on to Pop.  By that time I hope to be in college.  Majoring in Game Programming.  That's what I wish to accomplish. 

If you decide to read through the posts, please forgive my lack of knowledge in how much work it is to make games; what I've detailed there would take forever for a single guy to make, and it's very ambitious.  I'll definitely have to dull that down a fair amount.  But that's okay!  I wrote all that stuff before I even knew what game development really is.  And I still don't really . . . ah, well.  Hopefully one day I shall.

Anyway, I'll see you all later with another development post!

No comments:

Post a Comment